Use the following process to implement your business’ online marketing.
- Ideal customer – identify your target market. Use your most profitable customers to create a profile of your target customer.
- Post content to your website – we recommend posting new content to your website at least once a week, but preferably once a day (or more) if you have the resources. Content can include a new blog, newsletter, podcast, video, or the like. Tailor your content to the interests and needs of your ideal customer and include your business’ keywords throughout to assist with your SEO.
- Choose your social media channels – only use the channels that your ideal customers engage with. You can copy the online social profile of an influencer in your industry as a guide to which social channels you should use.
- Schedule social media – promote and share your new content by scheduling posts to your social media using automation tools like Hootsuite, Buffer or WordPress plugins. It depends which social channels you use as to how often and when you should post. Use this infographic as a quick guide to help you automate your social engagement. Be sure to use #hastags to identify and categorise your content to build and assist with your SEO.
- Comment on forums and social media groups – search for forums and groups in your industry or relevant topics and leave informative comments. Include keywords, links to relevant content on your website and your contact details to build your authority and traffic back to your website.